Friday, October 29, 2010

On the Dotted Line

Friday night... and it's been a long week. A few ups, a few of the proverbial downs, and a few real good breakthroughs.

It's the website changeover this weekend, and the Signature Scents are finally here. I'm pretty excited about it. It's been a long time coming. It's something I've wanted to do from Day 1. As with many things, the idea might be great, but putting it into practice is something entirely different.

As Manor Hall grew, new products arrived. I've always been creative, and the vision for my products back then was what I've always described as an "art attack". Every store I went to would be filled with labels that were in line with other products. That wasn't me. It wasn't Manor Hall.

As the first two years went by, it was nice adding a new product to the line. It was nice doing a different label. It was nice having free reign with the art attack. What I hadn't foreseen, though, was that having different labels meant that products couldn't really go together on a shelf or in a bag. Well they could... but it didn't look like they belonged together. It just looked like you grabbed hold of different stuff and stuck it in a bag. That could never be Manor Hall, so the gift page has always been lacking.

It's been five years long in the making, but better late than never, I say. While Manor Hall has been busy steadily growing, so have I. I love the new labels. I'm gonna be sorry to see the old ones go. I know that. But you know what? I think this new Signature line is truly Manor Hall, and I hope you'll like it.

As usual, with the monthly website changeover, maintenance will be going on all through the weekend. New products will be uploaded, new pages will be activated, and the home page will change. All should be completed by Sunday evening. Please bear this in mind if you are shopping.

No comments: