Thursday, July 2, 2009

Music To Soap By - Tenpole Tudor

It's my staycation and I'm on a soapfest. Having the office closed affords me the time to spend as many hours as I like to get lost in my soapmaking. Making soap needs clothes that you'd never be caught out of doors in. Like... goggles, mask and rubber gloves. There's no way I can answer the phone, or tap away at the keyboard. The workshop door remains closed, and I love to have the music on loud.

I like all kinds of music, but when I'm soaping I lean more towards the anthem type of song. Chanting, rather than sweet voiced. And drums. I've gotta have drums. I think drums are absolutely fantastic when you want to gear up ready to come out of the gate running. A bit like going into battle, I suppose. You've a long day ahead of you, and there's nothing like the drums of battle to stir things up a bit.

It's the shower power bars being made today. A few batches of each. Make sure to check your volume if you're at the office desk. And get ready for the chorus. I warn you... the chant will be in your head all day.

Tenpole Tudor, 1981 - Swords of a Thousand Men.

No comments: