Saturday, April 25, 2009

This Time With Felting

Last month, I was reminded of a clever craft where people "felt over" handmade soap with material such as wool to give a soft scrubby feel to it. Teresa, a new customer from Indiana, wrote to me and mentioned that she was having a lot of fun felting over her Manor Hall soap bars with merino wool and giving them to friends. She even sent pictures of her work (she calls them "soaps with sweaters"), and very generously offered to send me some as a gift.

Yesterday, the box arrived with four beautifully felted Manor Hall soaps and one sweetly felted flower. I have to say it was a little funny getting my own soaps back from a customer, but these are so gorgeous and soft, and it was so thoughtful and lovely of Teresa to send them. They really are a work of art. Check out the one she did in Manor Hall colors with the little "splash logo" in the center. Cool, or what? Thank you, Teresa.

I love these little works of art and I don't want to use them, because I don't want to spoil them. But it's so tempting, and well, now that I've got pictures, I can hear them calling...

No comments: